MOB Cafe, Singapore

Nestled along Kim Keat road in Singapore is a quaint little cafe/bar known as MOB Cafe. They've been open for almost a year now, and I've actually found myself dining there quite frequently on my days off. With their warm and welcoming service and friendly smiles, I feel that it's just this relaxing little place where I find it easy to sit down and enjoy my meal and/or a cup of coffee in the day (or a pint of beer... because it's never too early for alcohol).


I don't know about you, but the first thing I saw in this picture is the word "happy hour"

To get there, you'll have to take bus number 145 from the closest train station which is Toa Payoh MRT. Alight at the bus stop opposite Balestier Point, and from there, it's just a 3 minute walk.
Address: 12 Kim Keat Road, #01-01, Singapore 328841
Telephone: +65 6909 0089
Opening Hours: Mondays - Thursdays @ 12pm - 10pm
                            Fridays @ 12pm - 12am
                            Saturdays @ 9am - 12am
                            Sundays @ 9am - 10pm


With that once again out of the way, let's get to the good stuff!

Their menu isn't too big, but they have quite the variety of food to choose from to keep you coming back. For me, I was sold the moment I sank my teeth into their Taco Taco (SGD $12). Semi crispy taco shells, guacamole, sour cream and a zesty home made tomato salsa in each one. Did I mention one serving has three for you to choose from? Either a Crispy fish fillet, Grilled Chicken, or Pork Rillettes. You can also choose all three for variety, like I always do.


Taco Taco and Quesadilla

Their Chicken Quesadilla (SGD $12) is also one of the few things I come back for, filled with grilled chicken, tomatoes, lettuce and accompanied with sour cream, guacamole and their homemade tomato salsa. Knock back a pint or a bottle of beer with these two! 

If you're here for their main course, I would recommend having their Ribeye Steak (SGD $20). Don't let the cheap price fool you to thinking it's something to be wary of. The chef here pulled off my steak to perfection. The doneness was done to my request, the maillard reaction was there, and the seasoning was. on. point!
It's usually served with herb mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables of the chefs choice. You can also choose either Red wine Jus, or a black pepper sauce to go with.

Ribeye Steak


If you're intending to bring your kids, there's a small kids menu available, and I have to recommend their Mac N' Cheese (SGD $9). I've actually tried it and found it to be very delicious! (cuz' I'm a big kid myself) You can have my word for it.

Mac N' Cheese


You may also opt for their Cheesy Fries (SGD $8) which is also big kids friendly. It's topped with Nacho cheese, Mayonaise, Ketchup and grated Parmesan cheese; a good mix since it doesn't make you feel too sick of it too fast like some cheese fries do. 


Cheesy Fries

They have a few choices of cake for those you who just want to order a cup of coffee or tea to go with, or for those with an appetite like me and decide to choose a slice for dessert.
Their Double Choc Fudge (SGD $6) is a chunky, fudgy cake that you may not be able to stomach after a meal here, but it's definitely on the 'must try' list. (that's why I put it on the blog)

Double Choc Fudge

For those of you who are interested in Happy Hour, it's from 3pm - 8pm everyday! With a decent variety of drinks to choose, from bottled beer, to ciders, whisky & gin, and even some wines.
Happy Hour prices for certain alcohol are starting from only SGD $7! 
Additionally, if you're looking to throw a small party, you could pre order a Party Keg (5 Litre) 3 days in advance.


Before I end this post, I would like to comment that this blog has gotten hits from various countries. Honestly I'm quite surprised, and I was wondering if anyone of my readers here have actually gotten the urge to travel after seeing some of my blog-posts? If you have and would like to travel, Air Asia Ticket prices are quite affordable amongst other airlines.
You can also check out other Cheapest Flights on Traveloka!

I hope I've given some insight to my readers, and I'm very thankful that people do decide to try out some of the places I've mentioned in this blog. I hope you will all continue to enjoy reading my posts and until next time, cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts